Euro M3 motor in 325i

A friend of mine has a 94 325i auto and is considering buying a '96 Euro

M3 motor with 11,000 miles. It includes the ECU, gearbox and wire loom.
The euro M3 has a "n" designation as I understand it. I'm not sure what
it means. Would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has done this
type engine transplant in their 3 series. Any particular concerns or
things to watch out for when buying. Any other changes that will have to

be done to the 325i to make this work. What would be a good price for
the engine?
As always, TIA.
Henry
bmwcca tarheel chapter