Re: winter tires gliding on dry surface?

Tim,

    Get rid of the Blizzaks and go for the Michelin "Artic" Alpin tire!
I tried the Blizzaks one year.  Exceptionally good traction but cornering sucked.
Last year I went with the Yokohama Guardex 600.  Again, traction was great
and cornering was improved over the Blizzak but I still hated them.  This year
I went with the new Artic Alpin.  Much wider with bigger blocks and more sipes
but the traction is almost as good as the Blizzak and the cornering and ride is truly
great!  I talked to the Michelin customer service before I bought them.  They said
that they got the technology from the Swedes.  From just looking at them you
wouldn't think that they would do well but I am very pleased with both the
traction on snow & ice and ride and cornering ability.

No affiliation, just a happy winter driving!

Tad Allen
1995 530i (sharked of course!)
BMW CCA #F158020