re: <E30> draining bettery

>Last night i disconnected the battery and reconnected it this morning
>and the car started STRAIGHT AWAY. This obviously looks as though
>something in the car is draining the battery overnight, this is also
>backed up because in the mornings when it was hard to start, once it
>did, the alternator charged the battery and it would start straight away
>hours.
>Has anyone had a similar experience??
>I also have a new battery/starter/alternator
>My car has an alarm fitted but i have had this for over 3 yrs with no
>previous probs.
>TIA

   Sounds like your battery does have a small current drain when the car
is off.  Now, you need to find it.  The best way is to connect an
ammeter between the positive battery post and the positive battery
cable.   Make sure the car is off when you do this.  You will probably
find a small current running through the meter.  I think a few milliamps
is acceptable for radio/OBC memory functions.  Next, pull each fuse in
the fuse panel one by one, until the you find the current drain.   The
owners manual will tell you what electrical system run off each fuse.

Good luck.