Found FS '79 633 CSI

Found for sale locally at a used car lot somewhat off the beaten path:

'79 633CSI, black, tan leather (I think) interior,  automatic, ~180K miles

Body looks in good condition, Black paint looks good, with expected wear for
it's age ( some door edge chips, but no obvious wear through, dents,
scratches, excessive dings, etc. - maybe was repainted somewhere along the
line ?) - certainly serviceable for the foreseeable future, dashboard in
fair  condition, a few cracks, but not totally unpresentable.  Upholstery in
the rear seats looks in excellent shape, couldn't tell front seats, they
were covered with sheepskin seat covers (part real part fake sheepskin) -
was not able to see if leather was supple or stiff, but where visible, not
cracks, rips, stains or other damage visible.

Did not start or drive it

Tires look good - not TRX wheels or tires, rims appear stock factory
original alloy

Has Pioneer 6X9 speakers installed on the rear deck

Don't know if a/c works or any other things like cruise etc.

Asked clerk year and price and was told '79, $3000 ( or maybe it was $3500?)
said it ran great and encouraged me to take it for a ride - I did not,
didn't have the time and wasn't/am not looking for another car.

Don't know any maintenance and or repair details.

Anyone looking for something like this?  In a way, for the price it is
somewhat intriguing I do kinda like the looks of the 6 series cars, and it
probably is much better performer than the '86 528e 5 sp. that I drive daily
now - I am guessing that a '79 vintage 3.3 L engine has pre motronic
injection, and a thermal reactor.  I know/have heard stories of problems
with thermal reactors cracking and generating an awful lot of heat in the
engine compartment and associated problems with heads, manifolds and finding
replacement reactors if the original is cracked.

Any comments?

Harvey