Brake Light Circuit Warning

I purchased a 1994 325ic last year; my first bimmer, and I love it dearly.
Although pleasantly surprised by the absence of any significant problems
during the past year, one minor irritation is that the onboard computer will
intermittently activate the "Brake Light Circuit - Check Owner's Manual"
warning, which will remain on until the car engine is turned off for a few
minutes.  I've had the entire brake light circuit checked, and but there
doesn't appear to be any actual problem.  Any suggestions would be welcome.
As a new subscribed to this list, if this question has been repeatedly asked
I would welcome a link to whatever FAQ might have the answer.