re: Blaupunkt Toronto

> I own an E36 -94' 318I and would like to replace my stock radio
> with a Blaupunkt Toronto. Can anyone suggest a place to buy
> these radios at a reasonable price?

I bought a Sydney (cassette version) through Continental Imports about a
year ago.

http://www.continentalimports.com/

At the time, they were one of the few places to carry the 7 series and had
the best prices.

But Crutchfield, (www...) also carries them now, for pretty good prices.
Their price for the Sydney is less than I paid, and they'll throw in the
wiring harness adaptor, install sheets, 2-day shipping etc.  Plus a 30 day
MBG, free return shipping.

You can check with Continental first, but unless they're a lot cheaper, I'd
go with Crutchfield for a safer bet and less hassle (Continental makes you
fax in your order).

The Blau 7 series is probably the best match for BMW interiors of any
aftermarket radio you'll find, but more discriminating audiophile-types
will probably tell you there are better choices sonically.

I'm happy with my Sydney, except for a minor problem where the LCD will
freak out and have certain pixels go blank intermittently.  I've sent it
back to the national repair depot in Chicago, but they couldn't reproduce
the problem, so I'm in a wait and see mode now.  It also acts quirky
sometimes, losing data sync with the CD changer.  A replacement changer
I've been promised is still on backorder.  YMMV.

Herman