Re: NEW DISCOVERY FOR 96 or later E36

Odd Job wrote:

> If you press the "auto" and the rear window "defrost" buttons at the
> same time while the car is running, the climate controls display's
> changes into a data display.

Not on my 98 M3/4.  Does your 97 M3 have the OBC option?

> I also assume that steps 1 and 2 show oil and coolant temperatures.
> so it is for you guys to figure out the rest. If I'm correct about
> temperatures, there is no more need for extra gauges.

That would be cool; however, I am skeptical.  To do that, it must have
an oil temp sender -- and as far as I know, that doesn't exist (or
surely people would've suggested in the past to tap into that rather
than paying $150 to buy an adapter block and new senders.

> I hope this was something new for you guys as well.

I've never heard of it before.  I know the test mode for the OBC that
gives you numerous readings -- but none of those include any
temperatures.  This is new -- unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
exist in my car.

Brian

End of bmw-digest V9 #972