Re: End of the Digest (who's fault?)

Norm wrote:

<<<I'm pretty much a lurker here, and respond only when I have something
useful to say, or when I have a question that some you may have answers
for.

And you know something, before MK posted this (and having read most
the drivel coming out of a great many posters), I must admit I have been
thinking much of what MK has posted below.

You know what almost drove me away?  All the stupid, morinic,
crybaby "I Want a Mark Free Digest" postings.  I swear, I bet these
posters still can't tie their shoestrings every morning without their
mommies help.

MK's right about the other Mark too (concerning insults, etc.).

As for posting useful information, how many of the posters post
about getting such and such new thingy, "look at me", "am I not
great for getting it, "send me gold stars right away".  No useful
information in these posts...

Yet do you all condemn them?  No, because as MK has said, look
at the majority mentality.>>>  <snip>

My sentiment exactly.  I've been lurking for the past few days and watching
in amazement  how everyone has jumped on the bandwagon, "let's find someone
to blame for BMW Digest shutting down..." and started pointing fingers at
MK.  I'm sure Richard Welty has his own reasons for not continuing with this
endeavor.  I'm sure it has very little to do with MK.  Come on now, you
think it's that difficult to filter out one email address?

Anyway, Richard, thank you for all your hard work in keeping the list going
for so many years.  Your efforts are appreciated.  I sure hope that you
share with us the real obstacles and allow all of us to help so that the BMW
Digest continues.  If it wasn't for this list I would have probably never
bought a BMW.

Rob Mudry
E36 '96 328is
BMW CCA #135536

PS.  Actual BMW content:  I have designed a little switch circuit that can
switch Valentine 1 on and off from the console using an OE ASC switch.  If
anyone is interested email me for more info.