Re: Thanks Richard

NASIEG@domain.elided wrote:

[bmw content committed]

>Not once did I get involved in the Kibort flame war, but since
>I'm on my way out I got TWO words for you M a =r-k Ki =bo 'rt:
>ut THE F*CK up !!!!!!!

To use the above as an illustraion is the number one reason why the list
fell to shit! Are these comments really necessary? Do they contribute
anything???

And people wanted a decal for the list?
Just look at what it represented.

I think another problem was the sheer* size.
I know I'm usually several digests behind when I'm skimming subject headings.
Something asked in digest 940 may have been answered in digest 946, but I
haven't gotten there yet. What I do is save my outgoing messages until I
read through everything. Then just trash the message if it isn't necessary.
I also generally always reply privately unless I can help several people.
Maybe this will help others in the future.

Richard,
Screw the list. Take a break. You did all you could.
You've contributed more than your share.

Moderation is not the answer. Membership fees are not the answer.
Money will not make one mature. It probably gives people even a bigger
reason to be an a$$hole. Just look at the rep BMW drivers have. Is there
any wonder?
People should only post when it benefits others.
Priase in public, flame in private? Or something like that.
This list just was just too cliquish*. The good old boys thing just doesn't
cut it anymore.

* spelling mistake, no flames.

Mark is not the enemy. We are! Immaturity and egos got in the way.

I still have a web message board at http://www.happytogether.com/bmwtalk/
if anyone is interested.

If there are any CCA members, check out http://www.happytogether.com/bmwcca/

..steven