Re: <E36> SYLVANIA COOL BLUE 9004

>OSRAM Sylvania:
>
>http://www.sylvania.com/prodinfo/auto/cool/welcome.htm
>
>Will these bulbs fit the headlamps of my 96 328i?
>My owner's manual says the low beam is an HB4 55 watt,
>and the high beam is an HB3 65 watt.  Is the 9004 at all
>compatible with an HB bulb?
>
>Sorry if this question has been ask and answered a hundred
>times, but I could find no mention of the types of bulbs
>that'll fit after reading the FAQ etc.
>
>Thanks all,
>
>Greg Stapells
>Richmond Hill, ON
>'96 328i

An HB4 bulb is the same as a 9006. The 9004 bulbs have a straight
connector, while the 9006 have a 90 degree bend in them. So, a 9004 will
not fit your car, however a 9006 will (if you can find one in the type you
want).

FWIW, there has been a lot of talk here recently that blue bulbs give off
very little usable light, and make it very difficult to see any distance
down the road. I personally have no experience with them, so YMMV.

Bill Bauman
'97 328is w/sport pkg
BMW CCA 150616
Genesee Valley Chapter