turn out the lights, the party's over

All good things must come to an end...

I've been around these parts since the list was hosted from
balltown.cma.com, about 5 years ago, so I guess I can be considered an old
timer.  Those were much simpler days, when people talked about and had fun
with their BMW's instead of pushing their own agendas or posting knee jerk
reactions to perceived wrongs.  Jim C's DME project/list was but a glimpse
of the great things to come, and the tales of BOHICA would always amuse,
even for non E28ers, all the while Steve B's 528e kept spinning it's odo to
new heights .  Heck, even our esteemed and benevolent list owner was a
regular contributor.  People also seemed to understand the distinction
between public and private e-mail and how being a good citizen meant not
polluting countless mailboxes with mindless drivel and vitriol.

In the natural order of things, people (both good and bad) have come and
gone, with cycles of brilliant discourse and frustrating flameage which the
list has been able to survive until now.  I've always tried to help when I
could, and kept my mouth shut when I couldn't...never to forget why we were
all here and how one's conduct shouldn't be any different whether
face-to-face or behind an anonymous e-mail address.

To Richard, and all who have helped out, a hearty thanks.  To all the old
timers (I know some of you are still here) and fellow 318ites, keep the
faith.

FWIW,
Herman