Blinkers (was Re: White Blinkers)

Some people just seem to want to turn their cars into christmas trees,
whether they have Honda's or BMW's. I guess the guy in the Integra could
have at least put in orange bulbs.

But around here, you should be happy if someone uses his blinkers at all.

Couple of weeks ago, someone left of me took an exit on the right, without
indicating, without noticing me. I was in the right lane, next to him and a
little behind. He just turned. Good thing my car handles so nicely! I
needed it. I stomped the brakes and steered onto the on ramp. I ended up in
front of him on the on ramp.

I stopped right there, got out and said "you didn't use your indicators!"
The guy yelled back "yeah, but you could see where I was going, right?" I
was stupefied, I just got back in my car and found my way back to the road
I had been traveling on. I guess some people just need to have a real
accident before they'll use indicators.

Michiel (87 325es)

At 10:52 AM 2/3/99 EST, you wrote:
>Are white front blinkers illegal? If not they ought to be. Compromising
safety
>for the sake of looking "cool" is just plain stupid. When someone runs into
>you head on, while you're making a left turn from the opposite direction, and
>thier lawyer spots your non-stock white blinkers what do you think will
>happen?
>
>I almost did this because I did not see this stupid poseur's white blinker
>until the last moment. Typical F#*king lowered down integra with the biplane
>on the tail and ten thousand racer-boy stickers...Probably blue headlights
>when it's dark...
>
>Just remember that the general public expects to see BIG amber flashes when
>you intend to turn, not a little yellow flash inside a big clear lense...
>
>Bub-Bye

End of bmw-digest V9 #957