Air Flow Measurement - Mark your facts confuse me

There are 2 ways to measure flow.  By mass and by volume.

Mass flow is generally measured by thermally or by coriolis meters.

Any differential pressure meter can only measure volume.  With known gas
composition, and pressure and temperature, the mass flow can be derived.

Maybe I mis read a post because of the crazy format problems, but I cannot
believe that the velocity of flow going to your engine is constant.  The
engine will take less flow at lower RPM.  Q=VA tells me that your velocity
decreases as flow decreases.