Re: M5 wheels fit 525?

On Mon, 1 Feb 1999 Bimmer1980@domain.elided wrote:

> In a message dated 2/1/99 7:16:11 PM Mountain Standard Time, MAILER-
> DAEMON@domain.elided writes:
>
> <<
>  	I'm looking at put 17in M5 "throwing star" wheels from a '94 540 on my 525
> or
>  535.  All are E34 bodied.  Is there any reason the M5 wheels with 235/45 17
>  tires will not work?

They fit perfectly -- I have them on my 525.

>  	Also any pro or con as to the unique design of the multi piece wheels?

Assembly was a little tricky -- the bolts which hold the cover on are
12-point (look like Torx, but have 12 points), and I had to go to 2
different dealers to get enough of them to assemble the wheels.  If yours
are already assembled, then you're avoiding that problem.  Just make sure
they're torque'd correctly (I believe it was 7 ft-lbs), and that you use
Loctite Blue on them (per the factory instructions).  Note that I'm
talking about the little bolts which hold the covers to the wheels, *NOT*
the wheel lug bolts.

- -Jefrem Iwaniw, jiwaniw@domain.elided, '72 2002, '94 525i
 Keller, TX