524td Info Wanted

My friend John, a transplanted GGC member in Los Angeles but a
non-Digester, inherited a 1985 524td Euro.  While working on it, he says
he "thinks he bent a valve".  John is a competent mechanic and usually
knows better not to do that, but I digress.  So on his behalf, I ask
these questions:

1.  What happened to the 524td Register?  It is not listed on the page
of affiliated registers in the Feb. Roundel (which just arrived today).

2.  Does anyone have for sale, or can anyone tell John where to get a
manual for this car?

3.  John, apparently surprised that the L.A. Chapter recently became a
CCA chapter (instead of an ACA chapter), would like a phone number for
someone to contact in the greater L.A. area who might be able to help
him with his 524td issues.

If any of you can help John out with the above, please e-mail him
directly at:

siemak@domain.elided

And please forgive him for messing up the "td", he's used to M3s and
other more powerful Bimmers, and he's new to this Diesel stuff.

Scott Miller
Golden Gate Chapter
BMW CCA #44977

End of bmw-digest V9 #950