Re: Why I drive a BMW and not a motorcycle.

Hi Steve,

I can understand it was a shock to see that.

Just wanted to tell you that the guy on the motorcycle may not be dead and
may not even be hurt seriously.

When I was about 13 years old, I made a left turn on my bicycle without
looking and I was hit from the left by a car (probably going about 40).
According to my friend who saw it happen, I was propelled through the air
about 40 feet before I hit the street. I don't remember the incident as I
was unconscious, but all I was left with was a light concussion and a
broken collarbone. After that, I became a lot more careful in traffic.

Sometimes, people get amazing luck in accidents. Sometimes they don't.

You're damn right people on motorcycles are vulnerable.

Michiel