Oil temp and pressure gauges

Hi.  Sorry for the cross-post.  I just ordered the oil distribution block
from JT Designs for my E36 M3.  Right now, I don't have the gauges, the
mounting panel or any additional hardware.  I know for the oil temp
sensor, many people have opted for the M5 part.  Does anyone have the part
number and an idea of how much that will cost?

The only problem I have is the number of gauges and the guage size.  I'm
new to this and am asking a lot of stupid questions so please forgive me.
My primary use of the oil temp gauge would be to know when the engine has
reached operating temperature.  Usually, the cluster array occupied in the
sunglass holder location has three gauges (oil temp, pressure, and
voltmeter).  Many people prefer VDO gauges.  Why is it VDO gauges are the
preferable ones?  Quality? Durability?  Are there any other companies that
make good gauges?  Also, does VDO make dual type gauges with two meters in
that little circle?  I was looking around and found this company omori
(ok...it was on the back of a rice rocket magazine).  I saw a nice layout
of a gauge:

http://www.omorimeter.co.jp/catalog-10.html

This gauge has oil temp and pressure combined in one gauge.  Is there any
negative effect of having this layout aside from the fact that if one
breaks...you might have to replace the whole unit?  It seems like a lot of
wasted space to use two gauges when one would suffice for my application.
I envision using that one gauge in the sunglass holder mounted using a
bracket so that I could use the other half of the tray.  Bad idea?  Any
comments?

Thanks,
Chester