Blower levels 1,2,3 don't work but 4 does??????

I have a 93 325is and I am trying to figure out what is
the problem with my blower. I turn on the heat, AC, or just
the blower and I get the same results.

When the blower is set to Level 1,2 or 3 nothing happens.
When I set to to 4, it steps through each level and then
works at 4. Has anybody else had a similar problem? This
problem has gotten worse as time has passed. At first level
1 didn't work but 2,3,& 4 did. 2 went then 3 went.

Do you think it could be the blower motor itself, the circut
(resistor box) that controls it, or could it be something with
the controls?

Pleas let me know if anyone out there had a similar problem or
knows what the problem could be.

Thanks,
Rob

Windy City CCA