Re: bmw-digest V9 #937

Dave wrote:

 I don't know the specific problem you may have had with the previous fitment,
 please don't be offended if this sounds too simple, but: my wife had a
problem
 with her portable cell phone in her Caddy STS.  The cell phone connector just
 didn't fit tightly enough in the lighter socket. I just took a pair of needle
 nosed pliers and tweaked contact strips on each side so they stuck out
 farther.  By tweaking these bends can create more tension with the fit?  Hope
 this helps.

 Dave Nelson
 91' M5  (Dinan Chip)

I remember reading somewhere (probably Roundel) about a guy who bent the bi-
metal prongs in his lighter to tighten up his radar detector plug or somesuch.
In anycase, as the story goes, someone then tried to use the lighter for its
tradition purpose (lighting a cig) and the element wouldn't "pop" once it
heated up because it was in so tight. End result: Toasted Bimmer.  Maybe this
is just another "urban legend", but I thought I should mention it!
LFJII