Re: bmw-digest V9 #939

 ***Gary Rose Pondered......***
 *******
My E30 right blinker started blinking double-time.  Left
blinker is fine.  Check control panel is negative.  No
burned out bulbs.  (I am a little curious about how the 2
filament front parking/blinker bulb operates, though).  Any
thoughts?

TIA.

Gary Rose
'88 325iX
 *******

Gary,
If one of the filiments in the front burns out, it shouldn't cause them to go
hyper.  The filiment that controls the parking lights on one of mine went out
before and it was normal.
Here's how the duel filiment bulbs in the front work.

They've got two filiments... one is not as bright as the other, the less
bright one is lit up when you turn on your parking lights & headlights.  The
2nd filiment is brighter and flashes with your turnsignals.

My suggestion to your problem would be to get out and double check that none
of the bulbs are burnt out.  If that checks out ok you might want to check
your fuses, and it nothing else, replace the bulbs.  The correct bulbs are
21watt I believe.  It says inside the tail light assembly, right next to where
the bulb plugs in.

I have hyper blinkers that I put in on purpose... I put 5 watt bulbs.. .they
are damn fast!  I personally like them but everybody thinks they are annoying
(hey, that's my point!)

Good luck,
Jeff Patch
86 Alpine White 325es - K&N, 17" giovanna & Dunlop W10's,
                                   Cruisin Lghts, Tweaker Blinkers!
                                   Go ahead and flame me for
                                   coloring up my car!