'69 BMW 1600-02 head query

I'm fitting a different head on a 1969 1600-02. The head I'm replacing
has the code 118--which I understand might be from an 1802 and is
probably not original to my car. The head I want to use has the code
116, but has a couple of differences from the one coded 118.

First, the 116 does not have the center mounting hole for the hollow
bolt holding the oil distribution tube running on top of the head. I'm
assuming it is an older head--would there be any problem with using this
head without the oil distribution tube?

Second, the 116 uses the sprocket timing chain tensioner system, while
I'm using the guide rail tensioning system. Do I need to remove the old
sprocket post from the head to get it out of the way of the rail system?
If so, what's the best way to remove it?

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can give.

Thanks,
Nate Angell

End of bmw-digest V9 #939