528E 1986 -hesitation

O2 sensor was not connected, car hesitated when warm.
new O2 sensor installed and connected, car only hesitates when warmed
up, shut down for several minutes and then driven again , hesitation is
very small and stops after 1-2 hesiatations.

it seems like a fuel Inj. problem, like it stops getting gas

what has me confused is it only does it after shutting the car off and
sitting for several minutes,  if the car is run continuous it does not
hesitate, when started from cold it is fine.

190,00 miles new ICV,  not sure how old DIST and CAP are,  fairly new
plug wires,

just moved from fl to colorado, all those symptoms were the same there.

when driving into the high mountain passes the car will not go faster
than 60 mph, lacking power in the steep mountains,  runs at high speeds
on flatter roads easily.
gas mileage seems fine 25-30 mpg, is this normal for this car?

car seems to be lacking the torque and power i would expect,pretty bad
when daihatsu's are passing me on the mountain passes.

thanks for any help and e mail me as well as post

thanks

steve buhk