<misc>RE: Oil Service

> From: Ron Browne <r_browne@domain.elided>
> Subject: <misc>RE: Oil Service

[snip]
(In talking about increased oil-change intervals...)

> B)an effort to falsely increase maintenance intervals to satisfy Joe
> Carbuyer, the consumer.  I think engineers have determined that modern
> lubricants and modern engines are much better today than 20 years ago.

New Hondas boast about the engines not needing a tune-up for
100,000 miles.  Sounds great!  But I talked to a Service Advisor
at the dealership, and this really only saves $150 (for adjusting
valves, changning plugs and a few other things) every 30,000 miles.

- --rickw