Re: 323is Options!

Renato...

I didn't see anyone else respond to your question on the list, so I
thought I'd give you my two cents.

I'm in the process of buying a 323is myself right now. I've done quite a
bit of research on this car, and in looking around I couldn't find any
photos on the web...BMWUSA, or BMWAG...of the Sport Wheels.

I like them, though. They are in the 3 coupe sales brochure though, page
27...your dealer should have that. There are three versions...the one on
the far right is the ticket.

As for the options...

I think the on board computer is a waste of money...but that just me.
It's on the car I'm looking at, but it seems to be on most of the cars
I've found in my area...San Francisco Bay Area, so I don't have that
much choice. If you're ordering one from the factory...I wouldn't get
it. It gives some useful info on trip mileage, avg mpg and such, but I
don't think it's worth the $500.

I'm getting the Harman Kardon system...it's not the best, but it will be
covered under the warranty. Plus it gives you the CD changer, and as far
as I can tell, there aren't many, if any, aftermarket units that are
compatible with the BMW stereo. If you're going to get your own stereo
from the get-go, you can find a better, cheaper unit elsewhere, but then
you have to trust their installer.

Here's what it "looks" like I'm getting. It's between two right
now...both equipped identically.

One Steel Blue with Light Grey Leather,
One Silver with Black Leather.

Premium Package,
Sport Package,
Harman Kardon Stereo with CD changer,
On Board Computer,
Auto Trans.

I found out yesterday that BMW is offering a $1000 "Dealer" Incentive on
these cars...They won't tell you about that, so it should aid in your
dealing.

It looks like my deal will come in at around $31,750 to $32,000 for the
car described as above, which is I think about the best I can do. I've
got two dealers fighting it out for my business, and there is plenty of
money in this deal for the dealer.

Sorry to make this so long, but you asked. If you have any other
questions, give me a shout. Good Luck. I'm really looking forward to
driving this car.

Keep Smilin'

David Herington

- -------