E34 radiator tank

My 1989 525i seems to have a leaking radiator/expansion tank.
Looking from underneath, I can see coolant dripping from the
bottom of the tank. As you all probably know, it's hard to
tell where the actual leak is due to the black plastic
cover surrounding that part of the tank, but I would say
it is the expansion tank. Is there any other
solution than to replace the whole radiator/tank assembly?
The stealer says that, if it is the o-ring seals of the tank,
they can be replaced, but will quite often start leaking
shortly since they don't match tight with the old tank (that has
lost its original form). So the next question is, how about
replacing the whole tank, not just the o-rings?

Any thoughts.

Rgs,
Sami Sarelius