<E24> Spare wires behind centre console

I didn't get any response from the 6er list so I'll try here...

Whilst fixing the OBC backlight on my 1989 635 (using Wes Rodda's excellent
FAQ instructions) I found some *spare* unconnected wires lurking behind the
centre console. Wondering if they are for extra features I don't have or if
they have been inadvertently disconnected, I looked in my recently arrived
Chilton's Coupes and Sedans manual for what they might be - the closest
schematic is the US 1988 635. Couldn't find any of them (except for the
single BRN one which could be for just about anything)!
Here's what I found:
An 8-pin connector with: BLU/BLK, BLU, BLU/BRN, BRN, YEL/RED, YEL, YEL/BLK &
GRY/RED
A BRN wire with a BLUE 1-pin connector.
A 2-pin connector with: YEL and YEL/BRN (wires are twisted together)
A 2-pin connector with: BLU and BLU/BRN (wires are twisted together)
(- these two look like stereo connectors with one spade lug and one pin
each - I've seen these as speaker connectors before)
And I've got a spare antenna lead!!!!
Under the right hand side of the dash (driver's side in Aus) there is also a
*spare* 2-pin connector with 2 GRN/BRN wires (and two severed BLU/RED wires
emerging from it).
Other possibly relevant info:
My car has OBC II and the Becker Mexico stereo with single CD rather than a
tape player.
Everything seems to work as it should except the things that are supposed to
be activated by the driver's door - interior lights and ability to use
windows and sun-roof with the ignition off)

Any ideas??
    Geoff Bowles
    1989 635CSi
    1984 735i