RE>Water Wetter

Harvey sez:

> My understanding of the automobile cooling system is that the
>coolant temperature is controlled by the mechanical/thermal properties
>of the thermostat, not the chemical properties of the liquid coolant.
>So is this stuff snake oil or what?

Snake Oil it is... it's more like snake piss in this
case :-)   I've never used water wetter in
any of my 4 cars I've owned in the past 15years, and
I've never overheated or had any heat problems. (ok, I
admit that I almost did once when my radiator seal
broke and sprung a leak, but water wetter wouldn't
have helped an iota)

Plus, as Harvey alludes, if one really wanted to to
lower his temperature by 10degrees, just get a new $2.50
thermostat that's 10 degree's cooler.  On the more
extreme case, take the darn thing out.  It works
all the time, guaranteed without a doubt, and it
doesn't cost a dime ;-)

aaron

88 528e, 62Kmi (with original thermostat and radiator)