E30. Climate Control Panel Removal.

I'm not sure how this is done on the E36, but on the E30 it is as per =
Bentley Manual.  I removed the entire console from an '86 325 and put it =
into an '89 325 iC.  I would suggest the normal caution since there are a =
number of wires back there.  Also, it is possible to break the frame if =
one is not careful.

I did not encounter the bands that another Digester talks about, but would =
suggest looking out for them since the other Digester has obviously done =
the procedure too and found them!

There are screws behind the top line of switches and below the console =
(accessible from the little depression between the ashtray and the =
console.  A stubby phillips head screwdrives would be useful.

I am also something of an expert on finding various wires and their colors =
behind there.  I just soldered some 30 wires and heat shrink tubed them =
and tie wrapped them so I know!

Please e-mail me direct for more details.

Neil Deshpande
1988 325 iS
1989 325 iC - with control panel and everything behind it from '86 325.  =
Behind it till the firewall, that is, not the engine!