Re: E28 Power Steering

I have ask this before and have seen others ask a similar question but I've
never received a reply either public or private.  I guess the question is not
flammable enough but if anyone can share some insight with me, it will be
appreciated.

The power steering fluid in my E28 is foaming.  The return line from the pump
to the canister was leaking so I replaced it and stopped those leaks.  I also
replaced the fluid twice, once with Dextron then again with Mobil synthetic.
The fluid still foams and the pump whines when the foaming fluid passes
through it.  This is much more noticeable when the outdoor temperature is
cold.

Delford Chaffin
87 535i

Has anyone had and cured this problem?