Oh yes I do!

Previously I said:

>>I WANT A MODERATED DIGEST!!

albert jenab replied:

>No you don't.  Trust me on this one.
>- -Al

Sorry Al,

I really do.

To me it doesn't mean that someone pre-approves each post. It simply means
that we have guidelines and those guidelines are enforced.   This method
can and does work very well once people get the lies and brainless ideology
against it out of the way.   And no, it is no more "censorship" then any
other group of people having a meeting, or a dinner, or a club function
together.   If some fool grabs the mic at a club meeting and yells BOOGA
BOOGA BOOGA, for twenty minutes, we would simply call the men in white
coats and have them dragged off, then we would get back to our meeting.
Someone calling such an act "censorship" would be laughed out of the room.
Yet we endure vastly worse treatment here, and this list is turning to caca
for it.   No one says "oh just ignore them" to anyone at a meeting that was
disrupted by a loony, why should we consider that a solution here?

Heard any women post/contribute recently?    Think the anal sex bit (thanks
so much for that classy little bit Mark!)  might send a few good folks away?

WOULD YOU PUT UP WITH THIS GARBAGE IN YOUR CLUB MEETING??   How about your
home??   Then why here?

Can we do better?   Dang right we can.    But without moderation and good
guidelines things will never get better.  Trust ME on this, I've seen
several lists go straight to hell because no one was willing to say:  HEY,
we're about (insert subject) and if you don't want to talk nicely about
that subject, go away!

Don't think it can't happen here.   This list can turn into a useless
parody of obnoxious BMW creeps that justify every cliche in the book about
us.

I am on the best listserv on the 'net, (the Cyber Dojo for martial artists)
and it is by application only, has a set of clear guidelines, and while the
moderator allows for strong disagreements, flamers get one chance to cool
it (ok sometimes they get two or three) then they get bounced for a period
of time.   Most come back, and become worthwhile members.

Do we deserve less?

DC

Don Cicchetti - BMW CCA member 122043
dcicchet@domain.elided