M3 exhaust for 325i and JimC chip comparison question for E36

Soemone offered me a 97 M3 exhaust with DTM tips for $300. (approx. 15k
on it) Is this a good price?  Would I be gaining much on performance
with the exhaust?  I am pretty skeptical about mods now after I was
dissapointed with the x-brace mod.  Is there another exhaust out there I
could purchase for the same price that is not louder than the M3 exhaust
and gives more bang for the buck?  The tips are slightly tarnished and
was wondering if I could shine them up with something.  They are
stainless steel.

Next question; does anyone have any information, meaning data, comparing
the JimC chip to other chips.  I am looking for either Dyno comparisons
or actual data from Jim himself.  I want to purchase one for car but I
have this friend who is pretty knowledgable and says the "racing
dynamics" chip is better and will out perform any other chip.  (Ya
right!)  I would really like to show this little know it all that he is
wrong.  Any help is appreciated.  TIA!

Manuel Paredes
1995 325i- X-ed
L.A. Chapt BMWCCA