No Mark and A Re-post

No Mark Digest!

Repost: Fo it may have been lost in the noise.

Hi All, sorry if this has been covered before...  What experiences do
you have with an aftermarket 02 sensor?  Is it worth the savings?

I have an intermittent "check engine" light, Using Jim C's fault code
practices it diagnoses as a "1221" or EGO sensor #1.  My BMW service
dept checked it out and states that it my be the sensor for no other
problems were found.  He said I could drive it but I thought I should
check with you guys as a second, mass opinion.

Currently my Dealer is fresh out of sensors and I must travel to Regina
with my car, before he gets them in.  My local UAP/NAPA has a generic 02
sensor for a BMW (Bosch)for $86.00 cdn Vs the $187.00 cdn for a genuine
BMW one. My thinking is I could buy one of these and install it for the
trip, unless you guys think it's a waste of money.

Would any harm come to my car from driving it at highway speeds with
this faulty sensor?

Would any harm come to it for just driving it?

Thanks,

bf/92/325I

"It's Time to KILL!" Duke Nukem

End of bmw-digest V9 #914