E28 won't start

Chris Brandt squeezed in among the GO MARKS GO messages:

<<<<From: "Brandt, Chris" <Chris.Brandt@domain.elidedm>
Subject: HELP E28 535iS NO START

The car 1988 535iS (automatic)

The time line:

Car sits for 6 weeks, cold wet weather (Pacific Northwest).

"Battery is dead- Jump start/Charge. After jump car cranks/starts. Runs
really rough for a few minutes, stalls when put into gear. Car is even
tougher to restart, will not idle at all.

Some related info. Car has 1/2 tank of fuel. Dry gas added to account for
condensation. Fuel relay jumpered to allow cranking for longer than 8 sec.

This is my pre M5 E28 which I sold to the BOSS.....Will make major points
here.

Please rspond to me and I will post a summary

Chris Brandt>>>>>>>>>

Chris: Could be water in the gas. Try gasline antifreeze. Also, did you
ACTUALLY CHARGE THE BATTERY, OR JUST BOOST AND RUN??  Battery may need to be
charged in order to run everything.