<misc> thanks, need help, and NO MARKs!

First of all, I want to thank everyone who replied to my silly e30
taillight question.  You guys are great!  Most of ya anyhow.  You know who
you are!  =)

Second, I need a lot of help.  My transmission (from an '86 325e 5 speed)
needs to be rebuilt or replaced.  Can someone steer me toward some info
about this?  I'd like to do what I can myself, to cut down on costs.  I
have the help of an excellent independent shop and several very talented
family members, so I'm certain I won't need to send it off for someone
else to do it.  I know virtually nothing about transmissions.  Are there
any good books, web pages, articles, etc on the subject?  I'm just trying
to take a more proactive role in my car's life than I have in the past.
Also, are there any upgrades I shoud consider when doing this?  My car is
stock stock stock.

Has anyone on the list reupholstered an E30 with cloth fabric?  If so,
about how much would this cost?  I'd like to do this, but I'm thinking
perhaps buying a used interior from a parts car might be a better idea.
I'll never own another car with a light interior.

Oh yeah... one more thing... I want a no mark digest too!

Thanks for the bandwidth...

Alix Sebesta
'86 325e