Subject: Re: California Salvage title Question

As far as the amount of damage required before an insurance company =
"totals" your car: it depends.  But, here in NJ (and southeast PA), I've =
known people who've had cars totalled simply because the airbags =
deployed -- the body damage was minor, but the cost of replacing the =
airbags (and cleaning up the interior right, I guess) was just too much.

But, in response to Scott Miller's post (that his mechanic eventually =
converted the 'salvage' title to a regular title), is this possible or =
legal?

Mark J. Nernberg
arete est epistime