e36 m3 suspension pieces to non-m3s

Herman Chan wrote:

>* M3 upper strut bearings
>
>- - will they fit non-M3 struts?

Not to my knowledge.

>* M3 control arm bushings (solid/offset, I believe)
>
>- - any appreciable geometry change because of offset?
>- - will they fit the non-M3 bracket?

Only the 95 M3 control arm bushings are solid.  96 and 97 I believe
are not solid.  I may be very very wrong.  Shoot me.

I believe what causes brake shimmy on a lot of e36s with BIG brakes
(AP, Brembo, Porsche Big Red) is the fact that some of these
cars *don't* have solid control arm bushings...and the massive
brakes makes everything move around a bit in the absense
of the solid bushings.

Why not do what I did and put in M3 front control arms too?
Not only do you get a tiny bit of extra (caster?), but,
and this is a very big plus, you get SOLID ball joints, and not
the rubber-surrounded ball joints like other e36s.

Ball Joints won't fail nearly as often.

Jason Leung
92 332i