re: "Helen"

Look friends, just because Rob Levenson is a "Bubba", doesn't mean that =
he's better than you are.  The facts are that the value of his car is =
the value of his car.

"Helen" is a fifteen year old E28 535is that's been turbocharged and =
modified in many ways.  While we would *all* like to delude ourselves =
and try to convince ourselves that this would improve the value of our =
cars, believe me, it doesn't.  [I'd love to be able (someday) to get =
back all the money I've put into my M3 -- but I know I won't; I'm an =
enthusiast having a good time, and the loss in value over what I've =
spent it the price I've got to be willing to pay.]

The further facts: "Helen" *has* been driven hard.  (What other car do =
you think Rob takes to auto-x and driver's schools?  We know he enjoys =
them -- and there's nothing wrong [in fact plenty right] with that -- =
but this sort of activity *is* hard on the car.

What it looks like to me is that Rob wants to find the right sucker who =
feels that because Rob is a "bubba" that Rob will tell him things right.

Why would you pay $14,000 for Helen when Rob already says he's willing =
to take less?  (He *has* told at least two crygest members that he'll =
take quite a bit less!)  Why would you pay $14K for Helen when you can =
buy a 1988 M5 (all stock and less miles/age/wear) for $11K - $13K and =
LESS if you're willing to work at it?

Whatever you do: DON'T LET BUBBA ROB SCREW YOU IN THE ASS!

BTW: Do you want to buy a car from a guy who is so devoid of a personal =
life that he has to name his car "Helen" like his girlfriend or =
something?  I don't mean to assail Rob's sexual orientation, but don't =
you think its wierd that he's got to have a car instead of a girlfriend? =
 Maybe all the extra money he wants is for the special "bubba-stains" on =
the seats.