E36 M3 euro air intake system questions

I would like to get some opinions as to what people think of the air intake
system in the 3.2L M3.  Is this system a bottleneck for performance?  Is
this a good system to start with to increase power?

I noticed that Turner Motor Sports claims 30 additional hp from using their
air intake system.  Does anyone know what parts this consists of and/or
whether these figures come from the 3.0L M3 or 3.2L M3?  BMP offers the euro
air box and euro AFM.  Dinan offers a similar air box without some baffles.

I'm just a little confused on which parts to upgrade to get a significant
improvement in performance, not noise.  I have heard over and over again
that changing the filter to K&N does not improve performance and at the same
time allows more particulate into the engine.  Moreover, foam filters were
tested to filter better than gauze (K&N).  Anyone know where to get a drop
in oil/foam filter?  I have also heard that the euro air box is useless
without changing the AFM.  Is this true?

What are the parts that comprise that whole euro air box/snokel kit?  Do
these parts have BMW part #s and are they available through US dealers?
Were these parts intended to be European market only and did they come stock
on all euro E36 or just their E36 M3 (evolution only?)?  What is the
installation procedure/time?  Is there any drilling involved?  Any
compromise in brake ducting?

What about the AFM and its original application?  Is this also a BMW part?
If so, what is/are the #(s).  Is this a euro only part also?  What is
typical pricing?  Incompatibilities, installation nightmares, or
calibrations needed?  Any 3.0L vs. 3.2L issues or AST issues?  Will the Euro
AFM alone, without the euro air box, increase the output of the North
American M3 engines?

I would appreciate any advice or first hand experience with these parts.
What kind of HP/torque increase should I expect with these mods, with and
without the Jim C chip.  Do most people use these mods with the OEM paper
filter element?  What are the disadvantages of these mods?  I assume that it
will be a bit louder under full acceleration but other than that???  Anybody
think it's too loud?

Why didn't our E36 M's come with the euro goodies?  Pricing?

If these parts are genuine BMW, then I would appreciate part #s even if they
are not available through US dealers, since I have travel plans to Europe
soon.  Anybody know if parts are cheaper there or here?

Thanks to all who respond.

Aaron Hou
97 M3
CCA 151915