Re: Active Autowerke tubos <long> part 1

Good point.  I didn't think of this.
I wonder what the maximum supercharger speed
is for the centrifugal superchargers is.

That is, exactly how much can you overdrive
the superchargers before they grenade?

And since both a turbo and BMW 6cyl supercharger kits
are both pretty much centrifugal turbines
(as opposed to say, a roots unit like is used on
318i cars.), I felt that the comparison would
have some merit.

Happy Monday

Jason Leung

- ---rusmaster <rusmaster@domain.elided> wrote:

> Jason,    Just a couple of quick comments.  The SC can make more
boost. at lower RPMs, it's just a matter of
> changeing the pulley sizes.  Then you use the popoff valve to
control the maximium amount at the upper RPM
> ranges.  But, the SC will never give as much boost as a turbo, thats
a given.  Comparing the systems isn't
> quite fair, since the turbo system is so much different that the SC
that you are comparing.  But, good to hear