Follow-Up to Airbag Warning Light and Faulty Seat Belts

Just wanted to say thanks to the three digesters who responded to me
regarding their problems with faulty seat belt latches setting off the
airbag warning light.
Turns out that yes, for the THIRD time, I had a faulty seat belt latch.
What made things even more laughable was that someone else was picking
their car up at the dealership for exactly the same reason... That
person was none too impressed with my sob story.
I received three different responses from the three customer service
staff at the dealership:

1)  feigned ignorance of the problem
2)  boy, it sounds as if you've had some bad luck
3)  BMW has since re-designed the seat belt systems to correct for this
fault.

It was response #3 that I am most interested in getting some hard
confirmation. I e-mailed BMW Cda about 1.5 weeks ago requesting
IMMEDIATE confirmation as to whether they are now using corrected parts
but they have not even given me the courtesy of a response saying they
have received my e-mail.

Is there anyone out there that can confirm that BMW has since
re-designed the faulty seat belt latches?

Thanks for your help, and the bandwitdh.

Murray
97 318i (my first and maybe my last BMW the way things have been
going...)