Re: Rob's 535 turbo for sale

Mark,
	I don't know where your getting your numbers from either????  I've been
correspinding with Rob for almost 2 years.  Hes been as into the E28 as anyone
Ive heard on the list or meet.  This car has been as he's said, a total
project that is well sorted.  I've relied on Rob L's info for my '88 535iS and
have never asked him a question on the E28 he didn't know.  I've also followed
the progress and work hes done on the car, and to say the least, he's put in
at least twice what he's asking for,  AT LEAST!!!!!  This car is a bargain at
$18k, let alone $14k.  I'd buy it in a heart beat but right now I haven't the
money and there are smog legalities that can't be reconceiled here in CA.
Just the turbo system alone on the car would cost $10k+,  even if you did the
install yourself, let alone the custom exhaust system, euro bumbers, paint,
suspension work, stereo ect.  ect.

Yes, you can get a decent??? one for $2500, but I question what decent means?
Yes, you can do all the work that is into Rob's Helen, but this would take
alot of hours of back breaking work under and above the car.  Unless you have
access to a lift in your garage, I don't.  And Ive done suspension work with
jack stands a floor jack.  Back breaking is mild to say the least.  Let alone
all the specialized tools you need for some of the jobs.  Also, how many
people have expertise in turbo installations and tunning?  Do you?  I'm doing
a custom super chager instlall on my rig, and I've spent many hours
researching the ins and outs of forced induction.  There are many things to
consider, learn and implement in a forced induction vehicle when "doing the
work yourself".  Rob has a well rounded knowledge in this material and has
appiled it to the car in " a total project".  And then properly tunning the
car, not so easy.

Don't take my word for it, I call to the gents on the east coast who have seen
Helen to chime in and give there opinion on this.  Even though I have had 100s
of email correspndents with Rob and feel I know the car sight unseen.

Take Care,
Russ
'88 535iS, Dinasized, soon to super charged