Re: <E28> M5 Suspension & Springs (wanab)

>From: "Hunt, Reed (CAP, GEFA)" <Reed.Hunt@domain.elided>
>Subject: E28 M5 wanab
>
>Richard asks, with respect to the differences between E28 535s and M5s:

>>"Does anyone know what else they did to improve the handling and
>>chassis dynamics?"
>
>While not answering his question directly, I have modified my 535i a
fair
>amount, in a manner similar to Richard's suggestions.  I agree with his

>approach, although I will say that the RD springs (not RD Sport :-o  )
>have had on my car for 2.5 years are sag-free to-date.

Reed, I'm glad you've had good luck with the RD springs.  I'll put em in
my
green book   :)   What shocks do you recommend with them and what's the
ride
height like?

Has anyone had the H&R or Dinan springs for a similar period of time to
know
if their good in 3 years time?  It would be great to find out whose
springs
are good and whose are bad.

>I, too, feel that 225/50-16s in front is the way to go.  I have had the

>200mm TRXs, 205mm BFG Zs, and 225mm Dunlops and I like the feel of the
225s
>the most, especially when tracking the car or hitting an off/on-ramp at

>speed.
>
>One other modification worth mentioning is the offset front strut
bushings.
>These are stock BMW and can provide additional negative camber of .5
>degrees.  Somewhat pricier than standard, but if adding new suspension
>components, probably worth it.  I haven't noticed an inordinate
increase in
>front tire wear, either.

This sounds like a good idea.  I've never driven a car with this setup
before.
How does it change the feel of the car to drive?

Anyone know if they increased negative camber on the M5's front wheels?

I've also got a few questions about the M5's rear suspension if anyone
would
be kind enough to indulge me.
Does anyone out there (with an E28 M5) know if BMW installed the
eccentric bush to adjust the rear trailing arms for less negative
camber?

Thanks,
Richard
74 3.0S (Since New!)