Bubba Kids < READ THIS! - FIKSE wheel donation

>Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:52:51 -0500
>From: "Sawwa, Christopher" <CSawwa@domain.elided>
>Subject: RE: Alex and Kori--
>
>Thanks Keith for the update. Thank god that the Dad showed up. If you
>don't mind, would you keep posting updates every once in a while.

Chris and all,

Kori and Alex have huge medical bills mounting.  Alex (the 7 year old) was
terribly burned and disfigured riding in the back seat of the CJ5 when the
gas tank exploded and he will need many operations and a lot of therapy to
recover.  This is going to cost a lot of dollars, even with Dad's Air Force
CHAMPUS.  To that end, I have been busy working behind the scenes with
fellow Bimwads to put together a money-raising program for these children
(for the story so far go to www.bubbaclub.com and click on the link page to
the kids - Thanks to Rob Levinson for keeping the site current!).

 I have an exciting development to announce:

After hearing of the Bubbakids plight from me via telephone, Jim and Matt
Fikse of FIKSE wheels are donating one complete set of (4) new FIKSE wheels
to the fund-raising cause.  That's right !!  An entire set of new,
three-piece, forged modular wheels in any size / fitment / model.   You
wanna know how much these are worth?  Go to www.fikse.com and check 'em out.
This is a $ 3,500 to $ 6,000 package and are arguably one of the most sought
after upgrades for your BMW.

Also, Scott Coulter of Merchant's Tire ( a Washington D.C. area retail tire
distributor) is donating a new complete set of (4) Bridgestone S-02 Pole
Position tires to go on the above Fikses.  This is easily worth a thousand
dollars or more, depending on the size.  GO Scott!

They want to help.  By donating these wheels and tires the goal is to raise
a considerable sum of money for Alex and Kori's trust fund via raffle or
similar.  My thoughts are to do this by sending in a donation, and each
person responding will get a ticket towards wining the wheel/tire combo.  At
the O'fest '99 in July we'll pull the winning ticket and SOMEONE is going to
get an awfully nice set of wheels and tires and everyones dollars will go to
a worthy cause. There are no losers in this. Every dollar contributed will
go straight into the trust fund if we can do it without deducting any
administrative costs.  Those are the goals.

There are some legal ramifications involved in setting this up so there are
no details as to the dynamics of implementing the program.  We could use
some volunteers from the Denver, Colorado area to assist in laying out the
ground work, especially (but not limited to) any attorneys and accountants
familar with Colorado law in regards to charitable raffles.  Anyone? I must
express my ignorance in these aspects, but there are legal requirements to
be met when doing this that need to met.

This will be a grassroots level program that will have its roots on this
DIGEST, provided Richard Welty has no objections. I'll also encourage
everyone here to forward this and subsequent posts on this to the other BMW
Mailing Lists out there as well as the various chapter message boards.

Stay tuned for more as we get this rolling.  FIKSE Wheels and MERCHANTS TIRE
are behind the project.  Let 'em know via e-mail, phone or fax you think
this is a good thing and please show your support by considering a purchase
from them sometime in the future.  And remember - its ultimately all for the
hurt kids, Alex and Kori.

- - Duane Collie