Insurance Games

One concerned digester wrote concerning his new State Farm insurance:

'' THERE IS NO COVERAGE WHILE  VEHICLE IS OPERATED IN, ENGAGED IN
PRACTICE FOR, OR IS BEING PREPARED FOR ANY RACING OR SPEED CONTEST. THIS
APPLIES WHILE THE VEHICLE IS OPERATED OFF PUBLIC ROADS ''

I agree with Matthew and others that reaffirm that BMW CCA drivers
schools are not practice for any racing or speed contest, but are
driver's education schools.   However, I've seen more than one
definition twisted in a courtroom and this new trend concerns me a bit.
Seems that insurance companies love to take your money and really hate
to give any of it back for a legitimate claim.

I think I'm going to have a look at our driver's school applications and
maybe add some exculpatory language such as "this is a driver's
education school and is not practice for any racing or speed contest."

Seems silly, but as long as insurance companies keep playing games,
we'll have to struggle to keep up.  Of course, there's always the
patented DuaneGerous "disappearing deer on the road to the track" method
<grin>.

Hopefully, this was one of the issues addressed at the recent driving
events coordinators congress.

Craig Eller
BMW CCA Everglades Chapter
E36 ///M3