<X5> //M-X5 rumours

Matthew Yip wrote:
>For the sake of all BMW enthusiasts everywhere, let's hope NOT!  What
an abomination that would be - a superfast SUV - it can't turn or stop
but it'll go like hell in a straight line (as long as the road's
smooth) - sounds like a Chevy Suburban - except that the Suburban's
useful for towing.

Sorry, Matthew, but Chrysler, um I mean Mercedes has already announced
an AMG version of their ML320.  BMW must fire back.

Have faith.  It won't be no M5, but it won't be garbage.  I'd much
rather have the //M truck tailgating me on a snowy road than the Jeeps &
Explorers that seem to enjoy it so much.  Come to think of it, the //M
truck driver might not tailgate at all.  Hmmm...

Dave Hogg    NCC    98 M3/4