Ernie Irvan To Join All-Star cast for Rolex 24 PTG's BMW M3

Just a FYI for ya'll, Got this off of alt.rec.autos.sport.info
There's more but I didn't want to fill up the digest. Here's part
of the article.

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla., Jan. 22, 1999: Tom Milner's champion Prototype
Technology Group (PTG) BMW M3 team takes to the racetrack with a
pair of its fast and reliable BMW M3 four-doors and an all-star cast of
drivers that includes NASCAR Winston Cup veteran Ernie Irvan for the
37th annual Rolex 24 at Daytona, the traditional season-opening
endurance classic set for Saturday and Sunday (Jan. 30-31) at Daytona
Racing.
Practice and qualifying are Thursday and Friday (Jan. 28-29).
Race time is 1 p.m. EST Saturday.  ESPN2 will broadcast 10 hours live:
from 12:30-4 p.m. EST Saturday (race start), and again from 7 a.m. to
1:30
p.m. EST Sunday (race finish).
Some other quotes from Ernie :

...And this is the team to be with if you want to win here."

...The M3 is built to race.  It's quick, it's precise."

...jokingly responded, "these cars have doors?"

I'm getting pumped for the race, wish I could be there, You who are
going, make sure and take good notes on some of the "inside" stuff
that doesn't get reported!

Mark Estes
325is E30