M5 Shimmy

I have a relatively low mileage 1988 M5 that is just beginning to show signs
of front end shimmy (steering wheel wiggle under braking from 60 to 35 mph).
I've had the car looked at by an excellent independent BMW mechanic and he
tells me, I need to replace, "the left and right thrust arms and bushings,
the left and right tie rods and the centerlink." Although I have complete
faith in my mechanic, I'd like the get the major parts myself because I am
confident that it will be considerably less expensive.  I have done some
investigation (including reviewing some archives) and I still have some
questions:

- --Is a thrust arm also known as a control arm?  Is there an upgrade option?
Is upgrading necessary? Are the thrust arms/controls for an M5 the same for
those for other E28s?

- --Is a centerlink also known a s a tie rod center? Is there an upgrade
option?  Is upgrading necessary? Are the thrust arms/controls for an M5 the
same for those for other E28s?

- --Isn't there a commonly accepted bushing upgrade for the E28?  I have heard
conflicting reports of using the liquid bushing from the 750 versus using
them from the 850?  Anyone have experience with either of these upgrades?

- --What is the difference between a thrust arm bushing and an idler bushing?
If they differ, should I purchase an idler bushing as well?

- --Any other differences between the standard E28 front end shimmy fix and
the fix for an M5?

- --Any recommendations for where to purchase?  I have dealt with Eurasian,
BMP and BavAuto before and find them all more or less fine, though I think
Eurasian may have better prices for these parts?

- --What should I reasonably expect by way of labor time for this job?

All advice, especially including part numbers, is especially appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Andrew Skopp
'88 M5