Racism

>I asked for a new wheel on the bmwparts list and the bmw list. Somehow my
>message to the bmw list ended up on the bmwparts list too. I assume Richard
>has  a filter that is responsible for this. Other messages seem to get
>through to the bmw list fine though. But I guess I digress.

>Not having the patience to wait for a wheel, I ended up buying a rim at a
>junkyard around here, for $75. Major muddy mess in the rain there. There
>was a black guy getting the parts off outside in the mud and rain while the
>white owner was joking about this nigger working on Martin Luther King Day.
>I think I could have gotten the wheel off the net a little cheaper and
>maybe a little better quality, but what the heck.

No it could just be me, but I think the reason for the posting here was not
to amuse, but rather to open the eyes of people that this kind of ugly
racism still goes on totally unchecked.

I think a better move would have been to post the business, then maybe
report it to the NAACP or the local office of fair housing and employment.
I mean here is a guy working so hard in the rain, while some a-hole
disparages him for working on a day when we celebrate the begining of civil
rights?  something ought to be done, but Michiel still has *all* the
details, not us.

John F