Dented Rim Repair

Hello fellow netters:

Courtesy of Chicago street pothole hell (result of 23 or so inches of
snow), my factory rim has a sizable dent now. On the one hand, I am glad
it happened on this alloy rim which I believe I could try and straighten
out myself and I don't care much if some minor markings are left from
the hammering. The good rims are in storage.

If anyone has any suggestions as to any hints on how to hammer the rim
back to its original shape, please email me.

TIA,

Leo '87 325 Road worrior minus one factory alloy rim