<e36> It's time - e36 ball joints, control arm bushings

     To all e36 and suspension gurus out there,

     Thanks to input from the list, I've obtained a complete M3 suspension
     to install onto my 94 325, which I will install in a few weeks. Since
     the car has over 50K and the front is rattling over bumps, I figure
     it's time to do the ball joints and/or the control arm bushings.
     Here's my questions:

     1.  Should I change both the ball joints and the control arm bushings
     at the same time?  I would assume there is a lot of labor common to
     doing both jobs so it would make sense to do them together.  Is this
     true?

     2.  Since I am upgrading to the M3 suspension, is there a different
     ball joint or control arm bushing for the M3, or should I replace with
     the standard 325 pieces?  Is there a recommended parts source other
     than the dealer?

     3.  I will be doing the suspension install myself.  Can I do the ball
     joints & bushings myself?  (I do not have the BMW e36 ball joint tool.
      Does anyone in the Detroit area have one to rent or lend?)

     4.  If I cannot do the ball joints & bushings myself, should I have
     these replaced prior to installing the M3 suspension or does it not
     matter if it's done before or after the M3 suspension is installed?

     5.  I may need to have a shop do some of this work.  Any
     recommendations for a source for suspension work and alignments in the
     northern Detroit suburbs (Bloomfield Hills area)?

     Thanks for your help.

     Mike Schaublin
     BMWCCA 160901